Thread: Job at risk
View Single Post
Old 31-05-2005, 15:48   #1
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.
Default Job at risk

It was already announced that my company was going to "rationalize" staffing, it was still an unpleasant surprise when my manager called me this morning. I'll get a proposal to leave. No one understands why (other than some headcount officer in the US looking at his European numbers). The group I'm working in is short of people, I am on a project, annual reviews have been good and nature of work is in line with my level.

My manager also couldn't give any good motivation over the phone so I asked him to e-mail it as I am planning to challenge it.

Since I do not have any problem on the current project I decided to keep on working there, the Project Manager wants to keep me there and also understands that I might be less effective for the coming period of time.

This really is bookkeeping at its worst and the way they deal with people is a shame.

Some of you know the name of the company I'm working for, for the time being I'd very much appreciate NOT to mention that name here as we are still talking with each other.