View Single Post
Old 23-01-2004, 00:39   #9
anarres
anarchist butcher

74 (1150BC) - My Curragh made it! No contacts yet, I hope this island has someone on it!

76 (1100BC) - The second Curragh died, but my first spots the Arab border! I'm not going to risk it until I map the island I am on.

51.72*KB

77 (1075BC) - The last Curragh has made it to the island.

81 (975BC) - At last I meet the Arabs. I pay them 175 for The Wheel. Yay! I have a horse, it will be connected in 2 turns.

85 (875BC) - Now my Curragh meets the Mongols!

Pay the Mongols 252 gold for Writing.

94 (670BC) - Research Literature.
Sell Lit to the Iroquois for Philosophy and Code of Laws.
Sell Lit to the Vikings for Masonry, Warrior Code, Mysticism and 6 gold.
Sell Lit and 21 gold to Arabia for Iron Working and Maths.
Sell Lit to the Mongols for Horseback Riding

100 (550BC) - The Vikings complete the Statue of Zeus. This is excellent news as in about 10 turns I am going to declare war and take it for myself.

107 (410BC) - My sole Curragh finds the English, I am only missing contact with the Japanese now.

108 (390BC) - Research Republic and switch. I got 6 turns, not bad for C3C.

From Arabia I get Construction, Map Making, Polytheism and Currency for Republic. I get Mono as my gree tech.
I give the Iroquois Republic and Monotheism for Feudalism and 88 gold.
Finally I give Republic to the Vikings for Monarchy and 30 gold. This is primarily so they change to Republic, where they can't pop rush units to attack me.

113 (290BC) - Come out of anarchy to Republic.

Now I declare war on the Vikings at start my assault. I trigger my GA by attacking a warrior with an Enkidu. Next I take 3 border cities for only 2 horse losses, although killing lone warriors and archers proves to be too much for my Enkidus and I lose several evenly matched battle in a row...

111.82*KB

130.71*KB

Bergen holds the Statue of Zeus and will be mine next turn.