View Single Post
Old 17-04-2020, 19:52   #43
Matrix
Administrator

Finally found the time to read this. Because it's a lot to read!

Quote:
That's the strategy, folks, and it means that we'll be valuing food above all: it gives more and double the gold you'd expect from building wealth. I saw it on CFC, never tried it myself. HoF bigwigs seem to thrive on it. I have no clue how to best proceed with it so let's just hope it doesn't blow up in my face. I don't intend to practice it or make a test run either: we'll do it live.
Aha! Now the cat is out of the bag. I never heard of that strategy before. But now I finally understand how you have been able to keep up with my tech. Although stealing techs also helps. Still, it feels like a bit of a spoiler. What a silly tactic. What a pity that it pays off so well.

Quote:
Matrix is a good builder-style player.
Thanks, though indeed I was a bit of a wonder addict. And I should have rushed for universities and get Oxford University in Groningen ASAP.

Quote:
*credits to Killer for this find
Oi, that was me!

I was really gutted when I realised I was going to lose this game, despite having Pyramids & GL and such a good start. (Resulting in one scorning message on WhatsApp. Sorry again.) But once ynnek and you were attacking me from both sides, I knew I was fucked. I didn't have much contact with ynnek, except for taking the city you sold to him. So it's understandable he'd rather attack me than you. Though geopolitically it made less sense.

But that's that. Now I'll be following this spoiler with attention. Especially since you're the only one writing a spoiler.