View Single Post
Old 20-04-2005, 15:55   #6
grahamiam
Emperor

turn 92 and i am seriously screwed. Akots beat me by 7T to GLight. I switched Pers to Colossus and then revolted, drawing a revolting 7T anarchy! On the IBT, Akots captured 3 workers on the Mountain West of Gordium with a vet Legion.

This is going to get ugly real fast, and will be a tough lesson.

In 1 or 2T, I expect he'll land Legions on the gold hills near Persepolis, which will be devastating. However, I do have 2 Immortals in Pers, so I will try to take those spots, which will leave my iron exposed. Another Immortal is in Arbela which will go to Gordium to help the local archer. I should be able to get a spear in Gordium as well by switching a gally build, but not sure. I also have 3 Immortals in the South on a wild goose-chase for gems. I will bring those back N, but it will take 3T till they reach the iron. I also have 2 Immortals in Pas and 2 more in the North, taking out barb camps. 1 galley is in the North (searching for a 2nd possible transfer site) so I will bring him S to try to pick off a galley. Probably without luck but I gotta try.

I have around 8 to 10 immortals, so, if I can hang on thru the anarchy without losing a core city, I will be lucky and should be able to make a game of it. However, with bad RNG luck, this one could be over in 2 to 4 turns.
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote