View Single Post
Old 23-11-2019, 22:24   #2
Beorn
Disabled Vet

From Sullla's article, I really like the idea of Master of Orion-like scale changes that operate seamlessly from, say, military encampments or civic infrastructure centers. Haphazard citizens at first, individually working on things, that gradually conglomerate into hubs (akin to Civ6 districts) to make them manageable as scale increases.

Common techs could permeate through borders just like trade routes, religions, ideologies - and common adopters of those would get synergies all around, vs opposing cartels that slow them down. This kindof mirrors what Yuval Noah Harari wrote in Sapiens about how technologies, religions and ideologies get gradually adopted and sperceded from within in time, or opposed and overthrown from outside forces. That book inspired me greatly, precisely regarding game design (in my case, would've been a D&D campaign).

The mechanics of simultaneous combat with pre-programmed orders are also intriguing and potentially rich as a novel gameplay mechanic (to me anyways, I never played games that operate like that). Allowing strong and fast units to defeat more than 1 warrior each turn of the clock is a plus. It might be a heavy undertaking to ratify combat rules that automatically use unit stacks along with promotions, walls, towers, ranged units, cavalry, terrain etc. But I like the concept. And MoO kindof did it 25 years ago with AI-on-AI combat.

Guns and lances and shields could combine to make Monster Hunter World's Gunlance
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park

Last edited by Beorn; 23-11-2019 at 22:28.
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote