Thread: ANNOUNCEMENT
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 11:24   #16
yndy
Prince

OK, this is a sad moment. Me being a practical fellow, think of a way of doing things in the future.

First is good that we’re keeping things in the open here. We’re stating the facts, the accusations, it’s not like the GOTM’s ”we know you cheated and we have proof but we’re not going to show it to you or others”. Sky is welcome to come, state what he thinks, admit/deny, do all the things Ribby did at that time, throw dirt everywhere and stuff. I’m sure we can handle that and we don’t need to moderate or ban anybody on the forum for that.

Second is good to see people are checking other people’s games and cheaters will eventually get caught. I bet Sky hates being banned from the forum for 6 months and also losing all his points in the ladder for three or four games that he would have lost instead of winning. With the turn-by-turn record, cheaters will always get caught even if with circumstantial evidence if they can hide their tampering pretty good. So now I have another reason to keep al saves archived when a game ends.

Third is bad that cheating suspicions will rise for a while in the forum. I hate this and hope I won’t have to answer questions like “how did you get that leader?” because I don’t really log all my moves. I’m not keeping detailed spoilers either and not even extremely careful with the saves. I bet I’m not the only one here. For example, several times I’ve started to play a turn and from sheer foolishness I pressed end-turn, trying to save my moves so far or something. This is a mistake and we’re all allowed to do those and reload. Most of the time I let the other player know about it because I know reloads can be detected. But sometime I don’t and I hate people complaining about it or trying to set rules regarding when you are allowed to reload and when you’re not. I also agree that players which are ‘too lucky’ should be investigated and even ‘convicted’ based on circumstantial evidence only.

That’s what I think about it and I don’t think it has anything to do with the ISDG, it’s not like Sky is playing the turns and all the CDZ team fails to notice temples popping out here and there.

Last thing to add: a, could you please play that turn, I’m getting very bored some days. I don’t care about that issue we had, just send me a turn to play.