View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 15:42   #5
Markstar
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by digger760

He He thanks for the recognition.
...But we never saw a ladder match between yourself and Kemal
Yes, sadly when I joined, Kemal had already pretty much stopped playing PBEMs.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

You have a good thought there, the only problem is that to bring about any change (at all), you need someone to implement it. The two people able are out of time, and I'm only good at deleting other people's posts.
Somehow I can't believe this. There must be a few people who understand HTML and PHP (even if not, it's not that hard. Now if this were a CS-forum, I'd be more worried). As I said, I would be willing to help. I just don't have ANY skills when it comes to designing a logo (though I have a (imo) cool idea: A ring, with two units fighting (one from Civ3 and one from CIV)).

Quote:
quote:I want this site to focus on a running pitboss server with weekly games (Friday Night Pitboss), possibly with replays. That should attract players. In addition to that, the front page should feature active threads (aside from the spam). That's possible now, but it has to be done manually and that takes too much time. Good topics should be flagged manually and automatically be featured. The front page doesn't need anything else.
Hmm, the frontpage is the big weakness imho. I would like to see a menu on the left (or on top) one the forum page which shows me important/interesting information.

Quote:
quote:As it is, Propain and Swingue are paying for all this. Nobody knows what to do if they forget to pay the bill.
Exactly my point. Otoh I guess that ProPain would tell us before he decides to cut us off.

Quote:
quote:We're pretty much screwed in the current situation, IMO stagnation won't bring us anywhere.
Indeed. Imo it would be nice if we could find a way to keep CDZ up to date. Just take the spambots, for example (not that they make such a big difference on our forum). A new forum software would solve this, together with some other issues that do not work right now (popup windows are messed up) or could be nicer (like inserting a smiley where the cursor is, different test for URLs, etc).
But there is plenty of stuff that could be done...

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

- Bring back the ladder!
"If I were still an active player, I would really miss a cool ranking system and some statistics."

Then why do you want it?
Because I believe it is something many other people, who play (duel) against othere want as well. I might even be tempted to play again if there was a ladder.

Quote:
quote:CDZ own Pitposs server/featured MP games
"I don't like CIV that much"
I meant Civilization IV. It's just not fun for me. What I love about Civ is, among other thins, the expanding empire, the search for good city spots. Even though I reached Emperor, all my CIV experiences were always more or less unsatisfying.

Quote:
quote:- IRC chat server
"I don't use it myself yet, but wouldn't that be a good way to communicate outside of the forum?"
Anyone here who [u]does</u> chat regularly? If not, this would be a waste of effort.
It was just an idea. A chat server could be a good place to start spontaneous games or discuss other stuff. But it was just an idea.

Quote:
quote:Besides, almost everyone has MSN. I would like it if people would be online more often. I agree it would be fun if people would join on an CDZ mIRC channel regularly, but I don't expect that to happen if the opportunity is there.
I would. I'm rarely on MSN (and if I am I only see Stapel idling away ) but I think I would leave a window for a CDZ channel open.

Quote:
quote:Featured articles
We already have that.
Really? Where?
Markstar is offline   Reply With Quote