View Single Post
Old 23-08-2003, 05:00   #8
anarres
anarchist butcher

1 - hehe, I send a scout NNW to the mountain and decide to settle my first on the spot, and the hut gives Geremonial Burial. The capital is also a 4 turn settler factory.

39.6*KB

5 - Meet Frenca to the North.

12 - Cool. I meet Spain to the south, they have alphabet. I can now do the trading I want:

Sell Pottery and Cer Bur and 22 gold to France for Masonry.
Sell Pottery and Cer Bur to the Spanish for Alphabaet and 10 gold.

14 - Pop a warrior from a hut.

15 - SHIT! I forgot to st science after my trades. I set it now to Maths, as high as the lux rate will allow.

17 - Disease in Moscow.

18 - More disease!

22 - Meet Germany to the east. Sell them Alphabet for Warrior Code and 26 gold.

27 - Meet China also to the east. They are ahead in thech, they have The Wheel. I sell Masonry to Spain for 25 gold before someone else does. Germany now has Iron Working. I am 20 turns from Masonry.

28 - Wow, I thought I had shit luck from getting almost no huts, but I discover a second one and pop a settler.

36 - Meet the Japanese miles away to the NE. I also know Arabia now - not sure how that happened?

mmm, brokering is possible!

Arabia: has 25 gold and worker, needs Alphabet
China: has IW, Wheel, Myst
Japan: has IW, Wheel, Myst but doesn't have Masonry. From what he will pay I assume he doesn't have many contacts either.
Germany: has IW, Wheel
France: has Wheel, 157 gold
Spain: 25 gold

Buy Mysticism from the Japanese for Masonry and 16 gold.
Buy Iron Working from the Germans for Mysticism and 73 gold.
Buy The Wheel from France with 109 gold for Mysticism.
Give Mysticism and Alphabet to Arabia for a worker and 20 gold.
Sell Spain Mysticism for 25 gold.

All in all I made 3 techs, 65 gold and a worker.

40 - In the last couple of turns I've made about 150 gold from selling techs to civs who suddenly found money (goody huts).

This turn Germany has Writing, I get it and 10 gold for contacts with the Japanese and French.
Sell Japan contacts with France and Spain (both broke) for 80 gold. Japan has contact with Rome (Jack)
Sell Arabia contact with the French for 25 gold.

There are plenty more contacts to be sold around, but only Germany has cash now, and they have full contacts (apart from Rome). I decide against getting contact with Jack myself as I am bound to be ahead in tech and I don't want to lower his tech costs (he only knows Japan, and they don't have Writing). Japan now has contact with everyone but Arabia, so they are unlikely to pay much for tech (even if they had money, which they don't).

All in all, I'm fairly happy with my position.

41 - hehe, more trades...

Sell contact with the Arabs to France for 25 gold.
Sell contact with the French and Arabs to the Chinese for 73 gold.
Damn! The Spanish and Germans have got contact with Jack from Japan.

Everyone is pennyless apart from Japan, who have 85 gold, presumably from selling Jack's contacts.

42 - I finally buy contact with Jack, he only needs contact with the Arabs and the French.

46 - Research Maths.