View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 00:55   #2
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Just did a start plan calc (isn't everybody in debt to Offa, I mean, seriously?!).

Settle on spot SW of cow, move other to SW of wheat. That's a given. I'll push an early worker first off out of #2, then a not-as-early worker out of #1 that will even out the (hopeful!) 6 turn horseman-settler factory.

First settler would be as late as turn 27 - I know - but the first horseman would be on turn 51, with the 6-turner fully operational not long after 27. #2 will have a 6T warrior-settler thing from 50 onwards.

That will leave me 12 + 8 worker turns (when they start being available off the core 2 for that purpose) to connect horses. Might not be doable but I definitely will try, even if it means cutting some edges really sharp, settling 1 off a better location or sacrificing a worker. From my capital alone, I'd have 2 war, 2 arch, 10 HM (all vets) by turn 111 - comparing to MB&S where at that point I had 5 HM, 6 Jav, 2 warriors grand total. Not that the starts are in any way comparable but I thought I'd toss it in.

I'll keep tinkering around but so far, since #2 will be stuck at 6-7 shields for a long time due to corruption and worker turns, I think that's as big as I can make it. I'll look into skipping the granary off #2 and making more military, though that will highly depend on wether I have both horses and targets nearby. A 10 turn HM-settler might be more profitable than a 6-turn warrior-settler if there is enough baddies to capture.

Only other reason to change the plan would be if I found another 4+fpt nearby. That would be turned into a worker factory ASAP.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote