View Single Post
Old 19-10-2008, 19:58   #3
Calis
Chieftain

So, now we can start...

Regarding the name: The players of this match are all in the SABER team of the C3C MTDG II over at CFC.

Here is the Roster in the playing order:

Cyc - Carthage
DenyD - Sumeria
Calis - Netherlands
Marsden -Byzantines

The map was created by Killercane, who actually asked for a spoiler thread and I want to fulfill this wish here...

A few turns have passed already and the year is 3450BC:

Here is a pic of the situation:

The starting units were 2 settlers, 2 workers and a scout.

I founded Amsterdam right on the spot. Now it's surrounded by forests and is a coastal city as it should be for a seafaring civ...

You already can see where Rotterdam lies. Also coast and also surrounded by forrest, jungle, water...

Amsterdam produced a curragh right away and I used a forest chop to speed it up as I wanted grassland anyway...the curragh is exploring the seas already, but didn't find anything, yet.

Three out of the four tribes are seafaring and start with Alphabet. Nonetheless I continued with writing and will try to do the slingshot towards Republic. While I am writing this I remember that in the pre-game discussion we (or I) proposed to make it an AW match, but I cannot remember whether we decided to do it or not. I asked in the turn tracker thread, as this of course may change the Republic thing

I am getting old I fear...

Ok that's it for the moment

Any comments and/or questions are welcome of course!!

Last edited by Calis; 20-10-2008 at 20:39.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote