View Single Post
Old 23-08-2006, 13:47   #9
Kemal

My final thought on the matter:

Yes, it is easy to get easy money via interest rates and sell your best players to start making cash instead of paying wages. However, yndy has a very good point in stating that getting up again on the division ladder will become more and more difficult as time progresses as hattrick is ever expanding. That means that once you get the 11M put away safely, you have to start building up another team from the money you will be making then.

In the meantime, lots of teams will have expanded and evolved their team towards their natural salary cap, resulting in more or less evenly matched divisions where it becomes extremely difficult to push forward except by heavily overinvesting for a season. That means that when you get stuck, you'll be in a lower division which means you will permanently be feeling the effects of lower crowds and lower sponsor income.
If you get stuck in the 4th or 5th instead, the extra money you will be making then will, imho, outweigh any 80K a week you are collecting from interest. So I'd say proceed with caution.

And as indicated by KR's plan, if you're in 4th or 5th with a strong team, a 80k/week interest rate is only 3 days away by mass selling. If you're down in 6th or 7th, getting back up there to the increased sponsor/crowd income plus the increased fanbase cap, could be a very, very tough job indeed.

That said, I agree with all that interest rate is a very good source of income, and I'm slowly building up cash reserves myself as well, last season I made about 40K/week excluding training, this season that will probably be down to about 20K/week, but with a better 1st team and training program.

Justed want to indicate that if your aim is to play in higher division, think carefully about taking the chance when it presents itself, as it may not be around again.