View Single Post
Old 17-02-2007, 05:30   #9
Beorn
Disabled Vet

This is the eve of turn 60. Barbs have risen up in the North and Java The Hutt is taking care of them from up top the mountain. Odds are he'll survive, but still, reinforcements are being built and sent.

Techs: The Republic, BW, Mas, CB, WC. Awaiting IW from Soul, will probably trade for the wheel off Bella. Started on currency for personnal use.

Tar front: Mithanga the anglo still has a lead on me. I am picking back up on him now, I guess he went all out settlers in the beginning. My triple granary gambit will start paying off in about 20 turns when I have 6 or 7 more cities. For now it's all him on top and it diverts attention from me.

SW front: All deals have been fair and good so far. We both are republics (he might be a turn short of his anarchy at this point) and we've been helping each other with barbs. He has a fwe scouts in the North so he knows the terrain as well as I do. A slave barb is roading the way down to him so that I can sell him silks.

Praetorian front: I contacted Mr german and offered him an intel trade of coastal mapping. First thing off he does right off the bath is he lies to me. I told him that there was a mini archipelago down the SW of Soul's and I know for a fact that whatever he did, he could not have had the time to send a boat there without my spotting it on its way. So if he has any boat, it wouldn't even know what side the coast was from the Jiver.
In short, he might not know it, but he declared war.

Noteworthy: Praetorian has regular units all around and his 3rd city came a couple of turns earlier than SW's 3rd, whereas SW has had population and probably an actual settler eaten off by barbs.

Local picture:

Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote