View Single Post
Old 25-01-2020, 15:08   #26
Beorn
Disabled Vet

T120, 375 AD

The race tightens as we drop to 3rd place.

BrunchTime the greek is showing off his new wonder and high food output, shooting past PP and over Matrix. The part where he builds ToA does play into my hand.

Ynnek has his food developped and it starts to show. Time will tell whether he keeps biding his time to grab my lands while the toys are away down south. I'll have to make troop relays so as not to send everything away all the time.

Stapel kept showing outrage at the idea of me wanting to clarify his position and pick a side. When I proposed that we stay at peace until 500 AD while we attacked Matrix together, he understood 'stay at peace with EVERYONE until 500 AD', which would have left me hanging with troops halfway across the pond, a difficult supply line, Ynnek not showing up and Stapel's army coming north rather than south, eyeballing whoever weakens first between Ynnek and I. Not gonna happen.

We will end our disagreement ... forcefully.

First combat is a loss despite 76%, but our scout also won defending a 99.6% attack from Matrix. Anyways I'm glad I took it now, as 2 more axes might have populated the jungle next turn.

Large amounts of reinforcements are right behind.

Reversing the whole amphibious invasion of the Netherlands was painstakingly long. Matrix barely pressed the issue though. Everyone is back safe. I suspect we'll meet again in Stapel's capital.

He's free to develop for a while and he knows it. I'll try and stay competitive with higher population, fewer whips, bureaucracy (next turn) and the extra land from Stapel. Everything rides on making Stapel's lands work ASAP, really. Matrix is a good builder-style player: the catch-up will be a bumpy ride.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park

Last edited by Beorn; 25-01-2020 at 19:24.
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote