View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 12:28   #20
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauer View Post
You are too funny, and too wrong. I've bashed Obama. I don't like him, but it is what it is. Also, you'll notice I didn't say "our leader", but rather "the leader".

None the less, I don't see anything in Propain's, Shabba's, or ynnek's posts that I disagree with at face value. Scary isn't it? So take that Killer :P
The funny thing is that you appear as that redneck that's inviting us to bash america, while I know that you're a lot smarter than most europeans believe a redneck is (to be clear: this is a compliment to you, not to rednecks in general). That's why I said that there's probably some hidden implication in your post.

Which there probably is. What's your point? Yes, they are spending like there's no tomorrow, but wasn't that originally a plan of the Bush administration? It could very well be they think there is no tomorrow if they can't get out of this crisis.

Overspending seems a weird solution to a crisis that was caused by overspending. Perhaps it'll only make things worse. But it's caused by the open market the americans want. To us euro's it's so very funny to see hardcore capitalists beg for more government money, to see people riot in the streets because of corporate bonuses. Well, nothing funny about the misery, it's more the irony that makes it funny. What's definately not funny is that ordinary people are hurt by stupid things rich people do.

But anyway, back to the assumed hidden implication: What Would A True Republican Leader Do?