View Single Post
Old 27-02-2006, 20:35   #17
grahamiam
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WackenOpenAir
This brings me to a first specific question though:
-If i place units out to scout like boats on the coast and spears on mountains, do i get to see his moves when his units do not end their turn inside my sight radius but only move trough my radius instead?
Since you are 2nd, you will be able to see the AI's movement that go after you. However, you will not see the human's movement. I used this fact to beat bedhead and killer

Quote:
quote:-Reading some spoilers, i also saw something about building the pyramids. I understand that multiplayer will be a race for wonders like Hoover Dam and maybe Leo's workshop, but is building early wonders like pyramids common practice in PBEM ?
You are playing with diety AI's, so don't expect to build early wonders. If it was just a 1x1, no AI game (more interesting imho), then yes, you should think about those things.

Quote:
quote:Goz also told me that all the common exploits are forbidden, but that scrolling trough cities to double use tiles is common and allowed.
-Is this something we can only do when you actually have a city build completing in one of your cities, or is there a way to do this every turn, also in the beginning when we only have 2 cities?
-How does the AI decide the order in wich it will cycle trough the cities ?
I suggest you and goz agree on a ruleset, as best you can. It will avoid unnecessary disagreements later. The scroll ahead in pbem, as far as I know, works the same as single player in order to prevent riots. I doubt that scrolling ahead to fiddle with scientist/taxman will be allowed, but again, you guys need to decide before playing too far into the game. I have no idea what the AI does, but it's probably pretty stupid
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote