View Single Post
Old 13-06-2004, 14:01   #8
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 76: My military is now weak vs Beam. He won't be happy, because Japan -the neighbours- has the Great Wall. Other neighbours -the Maya- have ToA. Persia is losing the battle. It opens up spots to settle for me.

Turn 79: Beam tells me that he has Literature. I get it in this turn as well... I can at least now sell sell Monotheism to the Maya for 29 gpt and 50 gold. They must have gotten a lot from Beam. Beam now only lacks Poly and Map Making for the Middle Ages I now am going 100% for Republic. I can get it in a sad 29 turns, but I will be building a few libraries. Plus I think that Beam is going the same route, min science. That's my guess anyway. He must be broke. Not all AI has Feudalism/Monotheism. I could gift it to them to hinder Beam in getting back into the tech race, but otoh Engineering is still unknown and that tech @ 1st will surely net Feudalism/Monotheism. So I wait until one of the AI has the last possible free tech for Beam. Then I will close the window.

Turn 81: Beam gets Poly and I have to give Feudalism to Japan and the Iroquois. Meanwhile Persia lost the capital vs France...

Turn 84: Well...no new techs from the AI and Beam managed to get level He's now in the MA as well.

Turn 85: I buy The Republic from France for 750 gold. The Iroquois and them had it already. I switch off research and make 42 gpt before I revolt. The Maya give me 16 gpt and 90 gold for it. They don't know the two civs with that tech I draw 8 freakin' turns of anarchy

EDIT: Reading my own text makes me wonder why I didn't pay gpt to the French

Turn 91: Two turns of anarchy to go. The Iroquois have Chivalry now. I may be able to buy it when I'm in Republic. I can build knights and will go on a campaign for sure.

Turn 93: Beam has Republic and I'm out of anarchy now, making 106 gpt. I rush a few libraries in border cities and hope for more civs with Chivalry.

Turn 97: France and the Iroquois have Chivalry and Theology AND they don't know the Maya I buy Chivalry from France for 49 gpt and notice that the Maya have nothing to offer