View Single Post
Old 31-01-2004, 11:53   #8
Kingreno

@ Aggie, there appears to be no other passage to the NE.

1300BC. The Aztec Empire is growing. Our second 4-turn-setler factory at Texcoco is in operation, however, since it is too far from the capitol to get enough uncorrupted shields it can only produce 4 clean setlers using the four forrest tiles. That, by all means is sufficient. Tenochtitlan will do the rest. Tlateloco is a dedicated workerfac and will continue to be just that.
We are beginning to feel the strain of having just 1 luxury, and worse, no hope of getting more. It is something not all that uncommon on Archipelagomaps, but on SiD I hoped for two at least. It means that at size three most cities will need MP or enough commerce to keep the people happy. I have no idea yet how to get larger cities without having lux at 40%.
Also, my Iroquois Neighbour has not been spending time in the bushes. Hiawattha is pacing through the Ancient age like Schumacher in his ferrari. The worst off all being the discovery made from the F7-screen:

11.62KB

This is truly terrible! I can no longer block them from the middle island and I expect galleys very very soon. To make matters worse, a few turns ago hiawattha turned up on the diploscreen with Zero cash. While still a despot, that can mean only one thing: he knows someone. At least that is what the AIA thinks, I for one, have never seen the AI go broke without knowing anyone before. It always keeps at least 10 gold or not?
Now for good news;

well,

13.48KB

Techwise, as can be seen, we have HBR! Next turn, we will also acquire Bronze Working. We run a decent Science rate as I already decided only to buy techs from Iro's when absolutely needed. I had 42 (or so) beakers invested in BW (total 72) with 2 truns to go, Hiawattha wanted 9gpt + 61 gold!!!
We will research Alpha ourselves (13 turns).

The Demographics also allowed for some nice details, the most astounding being that I was at one point 6th in MFG. 6th! One of the AI's is being hammered! (I checked and it is not on zero as in anarchy) Me and Sky have been on and off on 7th/8th on most area's, though he seems to lead by Pop and area for some time now, which by the least does not concern me. He is Industrious and has probably build his first cities a bit further apart. I, on the other hand seem to be a bit better on the money/commerce.

Our lands in 1300BC:

73.26KB

Nothing too fancy here, cities will be placed by the dotmap provided in an earlier post.
To conclude this update a short view upon the brave lads near the Iro lands:

36.82KB

The northern unit has already been ordered to proceed towards the Hut. As soon as an Iro setler/warrior (no no not a spear!) land near it I will pop it and the barbs (what else??) will kill them. Period.