View Single Post
Old 25-11-2008, 12:22   #38
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Weird GNP drop

Ok here's my F9 screenies from 575 BC;550 BC;525 BC. Note the drop in GNP between 575 BC and 550BC. (600 BC preanarchy is a few posts up)

I changed nothing in my city/citizens setting s whatsoever. Very much puzzled. Would the 106 spike have something to do with the free CS tech perhaps? Or is the drop a delayed maintenance issue for bureaucracy. Last assumption isnt supported by the F2 screenie however.

Added a landoverview as well.

_____________________________575BC______ 550BC_____ 525BC

EDIT: I just figured out it has to do with the fact I was researching Masonry. If I move my research to another tech the GNP makes the 106-88 drop. First I thought this must be related to the known prequel techs but selecting horse riding also causes the drop but I know all prequel techs for that as well.

Now I'm wondering if this could be related to 'no. of civs that know this tech'. If so that could give a lot of insight in what Rik has been/is researching (basically making researching alphabet even more useless than it is alrdy in a 2 player game) also spikes/drops in Rik's GNP could indicate research switches and tell me if he's researching different techs than I am.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 081125_rikturn94f9overview.jpg (68.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 081125_rikturn94land.jpg (99.8 KB, 4 views)
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote