View Single Post
Old 20-01-2004, 09:00   #24
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

breaking news: Glorious Chinese build great library

After a many years of war and a lot of battles against the perfidous Koreans finally a great leader rose from the battlefield. The overjoyous Chinese people celebrated this moment to create a true wonder of the world, The Great Library. For the short future we will gain all techs for free as we shold after our immense effort to cull strong Koreans. Our well known reporter TinTin sent us the following postcard.

The great conspiracy
For unknown reasons to me all the AI are ganging up on me. First the Ottomans joined the war against me, shortly followed by the Germans and last turn even the Greeks joined the war. Backstabbing bastards.
I do suspect it's the AI buying in each other as I don't think KR would spend his cash on a weak civs on other islands to go to war with me. From a military viewpoint I'm not worried at all, from a trading viewpoint it might become a problem. I'm just really glad I build the G-lib so now I dont have to worry of falling behind in tech.

I trade 2 luxes with the Indians so I dont think they'll join the war antytime soon. I also started giving the Romans 1 gpt to keep em happy.

short term strategy
I;m in anarchy as the great lib came online as ottos and gerries invented the republic. Good thing I still had 8 turns to go on my own. I drew 8 turn anarachy. Everybody is republic bnow except KingReno which makes me think he is in his GA for sure. Good.

I'll be concentrating on building up cash and building some spears and a lot of horsies and a some galleys. I'll use the 3rd leader to rush Leo's and then I'll use my cash to mass upgrade horsemen to riders. Don't know who to attack yet, I guess I have 3 options.

Northern Island Option
Get a RoP with the Indians, ferry over the riders, kill germans, ottos and finally Indians.
Pro: small civs, easy to conquer, they're close so it's easy. Might jump palace to here too and get a nice 2nd core
Con: KR will have time to clean his island

Greek Option
ferry troops. Kill the greeks
Pro: close, will box in KR
Con: KR wont take this without a fight

Zulu option
Make peace & RoP with greeks, ferry troops. Attack zulus from greece.
Pro: bringing war to other player usually gives you an advantage
con: need peace with greeks, need to be sure that my military will be large enough.

I'll decide when my battle force is ready

ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote