View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 12:46   #4
anarres
anarchist butcher

1: If no-one else posts the Civilopedia pic by tonight I will when I get home. You go from 2 gpt at 1000 years up to 10 gpt at 2000 years IIRC, but the steps up to each next level are not linear.

2: Yes, WW is in PBEM like SP games. See my game vs DrAlimentado for a good example.

3: IIRC bombardment is essentially the same. The 'bombard' value acts like a normal attack value, and for each 'rate of fire' you get 1 free attack at using the 'bombard' strength. E.g. 'bombard' = 8, 'rate of fire' = 2 means you get 2 attacks of strength 8 when you bombard. There are set defense values for cities (pop), improvements, etc, and it uses the normal defense values against normal units.

4: The GW gives free walls in all towns (<7). Since a city has no affect from walls it is irrelevant whether they have them or not. All new towns and ones that go from 7 -> 6 will gain the walls. The +100% bonus applies to all walls (i.e. to all towns). This is kinda weird because it means a town has more defense than a city. Fuck knows about barbs, lets face it - it's not really going to change a game.

5: I believe so yes, but most people here don't break human-human deals, so it's hard to know for sure.