View Single Post
Old 21-01-2005, 12:28   #3
Matrix
Administrator

I recently played an MP game against my brother (and finally won! ), but when we started combatting we switched from simultaneous to turn based. Then I noticed turn based isn't as bad as it seems: when it's your turn you should only move your units and end the turn. Then while the other is moving his units you can micromanage!

Now micromanaging takes a bit longer than moving units (sometimes a lot), so with two persons you should be careful. But with three or four it'll certainly work out perfectly. With more you might still have to wait (unless your nick is "Kemal" ).

My only wish for Civ4 concerning MP is that turn based play should have the same interface as single player and not like simultaneous as it is in Civ3. I really hate it. For some reason the programmers thought they had to change certain things for MP to make it go faster - they also did this in Civ2 - but it in fact only means people have to check things they otherwise didn't have to check; they didn't realize the game itself was already optimized for speed, with optional governors, automated workers, etc.

By the way, there is an unbelievably beautiful chick opposite to me in the computer room!