View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004, 18:31   #30
Kingreno

)Short update:

The bad news: Several AI's have entered the Industrial Age. Also, Skyfish is following them there!!!
But on side note, a very very good accomplishment indeed! I am already proud of what he (and me too a little) has done so far! It is an honor to play so fine an "opponent".
I think this game brings many new lessons to us both, and perhaps you lurkers as well. Knowing that even on sid, al be it with good starts (for the AI as well!!!) it is possible to win!

And now, the worst news. India declared war on Egypt and thus My trade route to ghandi was lost....
The morons recieved Ivory from me and now everyone is talking about the untrustworthy Aztecs... If they ever gonna fix something they better fix this. THEY broke the route by going to war. IT SUCKS!!!!!!
Not only does this very much limit my gpt for tech deals (well, at least the civs at war with gandhi do not mind my "betrayal"), it also means that other civs attitudes have worsened a lot towards me. And there, the razing of several size 12 Iroquois cities didn't make them happy as well. I must now seriously look out for an invasion of some kind when some AI has some units to spare.

For this very unfortunate turn of events the Aztecs have called upon their best to perform above duty and that brings us to the good news of the day:

63.67KB

My second leader after soooo many elite victories. I used him for the Heroic Epic in an Isthmustown, thus increasing much needed local culture. Whether it was wise to that is debatable. I could have built the Epic in Tenochtitlan, requiring 9 turns, but I simply needed the bank there as well (7 turns), to get an extra 15 gpt. So now, it is bank in tenochtitlan and one leader used for the Epic. But I do not fear, I have more and more Elites every turn.

France has Cav now and that narrows the landgrabbingwindow I have. 10 settlers and hordes of knights are making extra hours in getting to the front. Next Target: Oil springs (and its load of culture).