View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 17:18   #39
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Anno Domini.

1AD report for posterity.

The world is still at war, its machinations evolved. But war ... war never changes.

Rome is defended by its magnificent 7, archers who will stop at nothing to tell Killer he can stuff it. It's a bold move. Let's see how it plays out for them [doomguy]

No thanks. Not even the right foe.

My scout being dead, I'll be missing the dark patch of Napoleon-Pope borders. Both have 1 city in there somewhere. The world map didn't change much.

: I'mma grab Rome and then fuck the other pink. Want in?

: We have perfectly good relations with the guy holding half a dozen catapults and twice that many axes right by our capital ... why do you ask?

: We need your help surviving the oncoming storm, let's make some deal (and stall for 10 turns without signing).

Ynnek would like troops but I have none. My towns aren't even all garrisoned. I have the advantage of high food and peace, but no lux and nowhere to grow. He has the advantage of having the most space behind him, but competing demands with neighbors that want a piece of it.

In short I offered horses, 50/50 split luxes, settlers and workers for a shared settling of his N coast. Seeing as he needs horses and workers now, couldn't settle up there if he wanted to and would even gain an extra lux by signing the deal, it's an offer he can't refuse.

I feel like what he wants is for me to attack Killer - or at least close borders to tank his economy. My international overseas trade routes be juicy, and Killer's about to double up on the fun with currency's +1 trade route/city.

For that to happen, he'd have to give up more ... else I might just have to join Killer and take it. Not my first choice at all, but the stalling is becoming tiresome.

Very little happens on Bear Island. That's how we like it. I don't have neighbors to contend with at home and thus:

Sweet.

The 2 back cities are up with forges and starting to pump out units.

Lucky #7 wasn't mean to be born but hey, iron and fish, could do worse. Besides, ships need iron not copper for metals, so having a secure source is worth it.

The midriff is all up in cottage bling bling

And the seat of power is on its last throes of whip-to-overflow action.

Good news to come soon.

Good news which will take the form of caste system, pacifism and a mellowing of the bustling, industrial life they were accustomed to in the capital.

So if the worst comes to pass on the mainland, we'll be alright.

Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park

Last edited by Beorn; 08-09-2019 at 18:57.
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote