View Single Post
Old 22-04-2019, 00:19   #15
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

well, well, well......

I started moving troops, and ran into a warrior in that ugly yellow. So Matrix knows what's moving. At the same time, Matrix offered OB, since I had whined about a warrior stuck due his latest city founding.

I wrote him a message, explaining the troops as cover for a settler (which is true - they do cover a settler on his way out). And suggested that I had a certain amount of troops over, which we could use, if he agreed and put up troops of his own, to attack jakeri in the NW (seen from Matrix's position). I suggested a ruse I have used to great effect before: I DoW on Matrix, so everybody thinks we are at each other's throats. In fact, though, we just march for jakeri together.

Sadly, it seems Matrix doesn't know me as well as I thought he did: he declined, citing his fear of a backstab! Hey, I NEVER break deals, unless the other guy breaks them first! If I feel uneasy, I won't give me word. Very straightforward. I didn't take his OB because it would have looked like a treaty break to DoW on him after taking them to others! If I don't do that, does anyone really think I would actually backstab him?

So, as he declined, I basically have no option but to attack him now.
Two ways about this: DoW ASAP, kill his warriors, and basically ensure that I can only pillage his lands due to heightened defenses, or
try to string him along for one more turn (more is unlikely), abort talks, and move in as fast as possible.

The former course means I get to kill his wandering warrior, the latter means it stays a loose cannon. OTOH, I can churn out axemen at a surprising rate now.........