View Single Post
Old 20-02-2008, 07:10   #137
sz_matyas

Thanks for the tips, some of them matched my ideas (a good thing in my mind).

Regarding my competition: Chicks for Kicks is probably the strongest team, but they rely on defense so my strategy of playing for SE goals looks decent. Green Tomatoes is a challenge as they play the same style of 3-5-2 I like only with better talent and force me to get creative (notice in my game against them I went 4-4-2 with 2 IMs and it worked). Mountaineers go overly heavy on midfield, making them a wild card as to whether they can steal all the chances and get lucky. LongOverdueWest is similar to greentomatoes, but doesn't use tactics to play against.

The hard part is we are all so balanced. If you look at old standings, 6th place was less than 3 pts from 2nd (and ahead in goal differential). This is why I say there is hope for 1st, but the real possibility of 5th.

I'm thinking that I will keep the wingbacks as I am training winger and if need be their defense is good enough to play CD. My first impressions are sell Rainer Wick (brilliant PM, pass passing) and Leon for two younger WC IMs. Longer term, I'd like to buy a magnificent CD and maybe shift Berk from CD to WB. (I always play with 2 WB for the marginal training, though occasionally towards the middle).

The radical thing I was thinking was to switch training to GK when my top wingers hit WC. They are so nice, that I don't think I could find replacements on the market or get a fair price when I sell them. The reason for GK training is I need to replace both of them and this would cause the least problem on my team regarding turnover.

Stadium: I was routinely selling out, so the reason I'm broke is I spent all my money to upgrade to a 32K seat stadium. I hope to have 2 home cup games, so this should pay off within a season or 1.5 at the most. It may get a larger upgrade later, but I want to see how the season shapes up first (though I do have just short of 2000 fans).