View Single Post
Old 13-10-2003, 17:34   #15
Gothmog

So my max research efforts paid off in that I have MM now and I immediately rushed a galley from Philly. I was a bit worried about having to travel through Iroquois territory to explore but it turned out to be no big deal, I find an island quickly.

At the beginning of my next turn I am greeted by this:

and this:

So I guess China sold contact w/me to the Greeks, thanks Mao! I wonder if Sky even noticed that the Chinese had contact w/me, not that it would have done him any good. A quick check of Greek and Chinese assets shows me that the Geek is ahead and has Lit up on the Chinese, not to mention a bunch of cash. I’ve already decided to trade contact because MM is already out there. I wonder where Sky’s galley is now? My new map shows me that geography has most likely helped me get contact before Sky, not to mention the assist by Mao. So I make this trade:

I wanted contact w/France to see where he is in techs.

Heh, nice hat Sky. He is a bit behind but does have MM already. I’m going to make sure everyone has all the techs he has to help keep him behind. Now I make this trade with China:

Now I distribute the tech’s Sky knows to the Iroquois and Germany, getting what I can for them.

Here is my current mini map:

I’m still building settlers at max rate. I have 11 archers along with a few Spear and a couple Horses on German borders. I have 4 turns or so until I can declare honorably on them. I don’t know how much resistance to expect from them but I think I can get more value from my remaining archers by attacking than keeping and upgrading . Sky looks to have a good position on one end of his continent with some very nice land and the weak Chinese between him and the Greeks. My current plan is to put the hurt on Germany and eventually take their land and have my FP down there. I am going to need a break to build some infrastructure and at some point I need to start thinking about what wonders I’ll need for my GA.
Gothmog is offline   Reply With Quote