View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 01:31   #40
Beorn
Disabled Vet

T220, 1550 AD

Technology and civics really did wonders for my cottage economy. Printing press +1$, free speech +2$ and free religion +10% research. Now we can sustain a 50% research pace that'll leave PP panting, with 2 solid cottage cities, a 3rd on the way and Stapel's old capital will soon be re-purposed for GP farming.

*credits to Maarten for this find

The last turn of slavery was ... colorful.

But since then, it's a nice, light cruising. So much less management. We'll attack Matrix within 2-3 turns, whenever cannons have healed a bit. I hope we'll have enough to break through.

18 musketmen is nothing to scoff at. 20+ by the time we attack. He managed to make a handful of cuirassiers to harass cannons and did some pretty good damage. The die are cast, but we'll have to wait a few turns to see how they fall.

As for the rest of the world:

They are solid technological contenders, with a landmass each. Kindof a sad way to play PBEM, and why I wouldn't have wanted to play Mali last game for instance.

Killer's GLORIOUS peninsula was worth a good 3 towns of SUPERIOR worth

Brunchtime was doing alright but has clearly capped out his growth potential. He is the first to astronomy and will want to settle out the sizeable subcontinents of the great ocean. Gotta watch that one.

(since is retired)
ProPain has WAY too much room to manoeuver. He'll clearly be the man to beat. I'll have to pick Ynnek's brain about a way to deal with THAT.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park

Last edited by Beorn; 17-04-2020 at 20:10.
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote