View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 19:16   #35
Beorn
Disabled Vet

T170, 1100 AD (2 turns late)

Matrix's GNP and MFG are preposterous again. IIRC he went into a 2nd golden age. We'll see how he does once that's over.

He chased me out of his territory where I tried to dare him to take me on, which he declined. I tried to manufacture a chase so he'd come into my territory for 1 turn where I could slam my catapults against him and gain a sliver of a chance for the upper hand. He didn't chase, and I miscounted the turns of movement for my reinforcements anyways. Had he come into my trap, it wouldn't have sprung and I'd have been fucked. He's afraid of my musketmen (I have 0: you have to MAKE those and I have half his MFG). Hooray for his unwillingness to fight.

On turn 171 there was an AP vote to end the war against him, to which I voted no, but it obviously passed anyways. I should've defied it. Ynnek should've defied it. Oh well.

Ynnek's troops were landing on a tile of his own soil crossing over Matrix's continent, but the tile culture-flipped so his army is now stranded on the midway island and he can't declare war right this turn or transport them back there safely. Matrix is trying to turn him against me. Quite frankly, backstabbing me seems like ynnek's only option left to stay in the game ... short of moving his army allllllll the way around to join mine.

PP got Sankore, which bought me 3 turns of 100% resarch. I look forward to someone building Notre-Dame so I can race through Liberalism. With PP having paper, I won't risk any sort of slingshot: just try and get there first is the plan.

Matrix doesn't have paper yet. Good. I don't need to worry about him building universities. I wonder what he'll tech after caravels. Espionage takes a long time to build back up after spending 1100 of it stealing engineering
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park

Last edited by Beorn; 02-03-2020 at 19:18.
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote