View Single Post
Old 29-01-2005, 17:16   #53
Grille

245:
Greece is history.
My outnumbered navy detects a Chinese destroyer/transport combo which could reach the east coast. Assuming Beam has more stuff behind this combo, I feared he might raid cities at the easte coast and garrison them (spy tells Beam has some marines).

246:
The shit hit me hard. I expected a serious attack soonish, but not *that* soon. If at all, I guessed about a quick raid on my east coast now.
However, Beam launched an assault on my western coast! That area was poorly defended and he caused too much damage. My economy is still very strong, but my resource access is pretty much fucked up, ww is sky-high (razing) and I lost FP, IA, MilAc, HE plus Wall street and Pentagon build (both to be completed in 2).
The situation:

95.05KB

100.82KB

The main trouble is missing resources and huge unhappiness:

95.96KB
(they were not all unhappy, but that pic was taken after some diplo action which obviously led to happiness probs - still almost all cities were in disorder)

I guess that Beam moved all his bombers to Rheims, so I wanted to try a propaganda flip attempt as last option (I noticed on F3 that my spy is still in place, althoguh IA was gone). However, I don't get that option.

39.94KB

If at all, I could *maybe* stop Beam at Brest bottleneck, but I don't see any perspective on the long run. I give in.

I concentrated way too long on infrastructure, the TGL raid should have happened 20 turns earlier or I should have prepared military build much sooner. I think I need to seriously improve my MP skills.

Congrats Beam, thanks for a really great game!
Kudos to Aggie for the map.

I enjoyed this game very much.