View Single Post
Old 03-11-2003, 19:45   #5
smalltalk

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Matrix
Yet with PBEM it goes too slowly, and with turn based one is wasting time. (And I'm not considering simultaneous moves - that's just not Civ anymore...)
What else then? I guess you are in fact not considering turnless mode.

With simultaneous moves you can at least set the timer to none. So you have control over when your term ends. Combat is different from the SP/PBEM Civ, considering troup movement sequence or the lag between issuing a command and seeing its result. But this is only an issue for the warmongers out there.

Quote:
quote:
The ideal solution would be: eight people/players hiring a cottage, each one bringing along his/her computer, install a LAN and start playing. Not only will the game go as fast as possible, but you will also have social fun, especially when the game is further ahead.
The not so ideal solution:
I just got cable connection, at last. Started an online test game with a friend. Encountered no problems. In fact I feel it's not even any slower than playing by LAN-connection. So regular online-playing a few hours could be an alternative for my occasional LAN-MP-weekends. Of course it lacks the social part.