View Single Post
Old 24-02-2006, 15:36   #2
Dell19
King

I know a VI side who brought in a supernatural playmaker for their playoff game to ensure they won promotion since they were in a difficult VI.

Basically I don't think it is a massive issue however I feel that they should ensure that wages are paid on all players that the team owned during the week rather than just who is in the team on the financial update.

There are two problems that I've seen labelled as divine:

That you can buy players with money you don't have. The Latvian cup final became a question of how many early bids the finalists could get and then they brought divines with that extra money to play in the cup final whilst they could also play the players that they were selling as the deadlines finished after the match. Perhaps this is justified as being a reasonably skillful thing to arrange.

The other thing is that the 5 logins rule theoretically allows a bankrupt side to last for 34 weeks (see Barentin). So they can potentially ensure that they win two season's worth of trophies without having any money. They can also train divine players for a national team until they run out of logins. This should really be fixed.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote