View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 16:57   #12
Kingreno

And so the news is out. I have one luxury while Sky has 4 (domestic). This is by no means intended neither by the players or the Mapmaker and was just a mistake.

There is no way I will quit this game now!!!!, even when it turns out to be a sitting in the dark till the nukes drop game for me. Sky still has a decent chance and if I am to sit by I will do just that.
Besides, I am not a quitter and I still see chances.

So what do we do next? What does it mean to have just a single while Sky has 4 is a question that is not that hard to answer. It will allow him; bigger cities, more trading, more whipping, more WLTKD, more commerce and probably more important, a 100% luxrate or taxrate.
I have now ended the landgrabphase (except for the capitol) and my cities require a 30% luxrate.

As requested, the minimap:

6.26KB

So what else happened and what are the cicles doing there?

I have met the French! They are probably near my continent as I spotted a French curragh several turns after Joan completed the Lighthouse. The French are advanced but that is no big deal. My techcosts just got cut in half!!! I bought 3 techs from the Iro's for a total of 100g+18gpt. I now have math (cata's!). I have no writing however and thus I have no idea if these clowns have war, though I doubt it judging from the direction the curragh came. I estimete the french being in or near the Pink circle. Obviously the Iro's are in the purple circle. The White circle is a very nice Nuevo Zembla where Montezuma will order Nuclear tests (once we can get there without sinking).
Also, I send a curragh south and the Captain DID IT. survived 5 turns of heavy weather finding the BACKWARD egyptians. Cleo is in my age and only leads by Mysticism, Writing and IW. She has no currency!!! I am not able to buy yet though.
Here is the pic of the boat that made it:

17KB

Netx turn will be crucial because if the boat makes it again...well, then we have a new continent to explore, and maybe meet Cleos neighbour, if she has one (probably not seeing the techrate)

Domestic issues: I have to MM everything to keep the people happy. As can be seen here it is touch and go at the moment.

104.41KB

That is all for now, the next update will come soon.