View Single Post
Old 15-03-2004, 23:48   #3
Socrates
Emperor

Might want to help A French player a bit !

Well obviously this screenshot is from 2190BC !!

Mmmh, I see you're lacking some skills, but no offense will be up for anytime, OK ? Let's keep it simple. You irrigated some grasslands ; you might want to check what that can bring you : as far as now, and until you change your government, NOTHING !! The food bonus coming from the irrigation is eaten by the despotism penalty. Then I see you connected your cities well enough, but the capital is way too little developped : all those juicy bonus grasslands, waiting to be mined ! Paris, with a granary (I know you don't have one), could produce settlers quite fast actually, but now it's a bit late.

I also can see you're running at 20% luxury, which is IMO not needed : I don't know the settings (and thus the level), but even on Deity, with 1 luxury connected (silks), you have enough happiness for your little cities. You could run at 100% science. And I see this is C3C (from the civs) ; and I see ivory in the east... Wanna build a cool statue ? Better rush... Actually it's not advised to have NO city producing settlers. Go back to expansion phase now !!!

Any comments on my commentary appreciated.