View Single Post
Old 13-12-2010, 18:56   #2
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Wow, nice one.

I'm currently doing the gold medals on early levels, testing mixes of towers. So far a 50/50 mix of lasers and guns seems to be best, with maybe 2-3 inferno/temporal combos when/where the map calls for it. It looks as though the heat effect of lasers is better $-wise that standard gun but that since it doesn't stack, you max out and need to get gun. Someone also said something on their forum about laser+temporal to set up heat effects on mass crowds instead of using a "brute aoe" inferno but I'm skeptical about that.

I read concussion is better vs shield mass and that well placed cannons rock maze levels, but I'm not there yet. I also read that missile towers are best massed at lvl 1 rather than upgraded since fliers don't have enough HP to warrant higher damage rockets. Apparently, some of the "green towers only" challenges require you to build/sell towers to change paths, aka "juggle" creeps, in order to pass them.

I don't yet know whether mortar, concussion or inferno is best for dealing with masses in general; I suppose concussion is best when you have a sweet round spot, otherwise mortar because it shoots much longer.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote