View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 03:48   #29
Grille

Some impressions of tonite's session (actually 168 turns played).

166:
The birds don't see that much of a difference looking at France from above, yet this state of expansion is enough to hit #1 position in land area. The mentioned source of saltpetre is found on Shiny Stardust Hill near Nineveh. Cultural expansion levels may be an issue to grab it at once, but I plan to resettle the area being really in awe of their culture. Speaking of culture, Beam's neighbours, the Greeks, even top the Babs in total culture.

129.35 KB

Here you can see I didnt get the party invitation... I feel sort of excluded looking at Mr Passage and his network of ROBs (166). Now if only someone abuses the beaming rights. Beam seems to squeeze out every possible source of money (safe bet he's bigger in territory than every AI).

93.29 KB

The French propaganda department proudly presents cute demograph data of turn 166:

90.19 KB
Note that the French propaganda department burried F8-culture comparison in some forbidden place ...

...which is not to be mistaken with this one (167 - Yay!):

58 KB

It doesn't look like that much of a boost on F11, but after completing the FP, re-joining not needed native workers and constructing some more markets/courts, I now get 130gpt @100% tax. From Beam's surprised reaction on my the tech deals with Korera a few turns before, I guess he guesses (lol!) I'm completly broke. Hehe. Anyways, here's the data after FP-completion (167):

85.42 KB

We had quite some conversation recently along with the turn exchange. I told Beam that his (suspected) contact tradings (around turn 159) were quite a good move at a well chosen point of time, because shortly after I gained the contacts, a galley ironically could make it over the ocean (no spoiler during conversation since Beam noticed my galley in Hittite territory arriving anyways). Beam of course confirmed the contact trades, I am eager to know the price he could charge. Here's the galley exploring towards China, it seems that both (?) continents are equal in shape (167):

55.25 KB

And, finally, the mini-map (167):
(edit: replaced by enlarged mini-map, since the map is visible in the pic above... enjoy and get lost in this enlarged one then)

25.62KB

some other info: Bach's is on Beam's continent. Beam's military is now classified 'avarage', which means he's as weak as I am.
Funny game, I delay the next war now and then again, Beam doesn't apparently start any action (maybe soon?) and the AI gets fat. Good thing that both Greece and Babylon compete themselves for 100k, lol.