View Single Post
Old 23-08-2003, 15:54   #1
Samildanach

Default Cartouche Bee vs Samildanach *** SPOILER***

Here is the my start position

6.72KB

While I didn't get anything from this hut I was later to pop a settler from a goody hut.
The first civ I met were the Mongols who screwed me for pottery and 7g in return for my knowledge of masonry. Once I had researched alphabet ( at 90%) they then screwed me again for Ceremonial Burial as I had to sweeten deal with 5g along with my knowledge of the alphabet. I then met the Romans and discovered that word must have gotten around the AI civs that I am a complete mug as they proceded to screw me on a deal for bronze working in which I had to put up two techs and only got BW and 20g in return.
I think I may have a shot at establishing myself as the regional superpower quite early in this game thanks to the goody hut settler and also it appears that the AIs are going at it already. The mongols at one point had three settlements - they are now back down to 2- me thinks the pesky romans have been up to their old tricks. Or have they run into CB? Well which ever - the mongols are not going to be seeing the Middle Ages.
Samildanach is offline   Reply With Quote