View Single Post
Old 24-08-2003, 20:42   #5
Samildanach

Here are some screenies from turn 59b-

15.26KB

As you can see I have a slight advantage in score over CB at the moment - probably due to the afterglow of the popped settler - CB has been steadily trimming this back over the last twenty turns though.

I have developed a major problem as far as military unit production is concerned as illustrated by the following screeny-

11.6KB

This is from the capital, so now I can't cut my iron supply and can't trade it as I am not connected to any other civs. I could abandon the capital but I am using a flex-RCP build which would be seriously screwed if I did that. Ho-hum I'm just going to have to live with it I suppose.
As far as other military opps are concerned I have been using a waterdowned version of Moonsingers barb harvesting trick which has been very successful- all my offensive strike troops are now elite.

Here is the power graph-

19.65KB

However this needs to be taken with a pinch of salt as this screeny illustrates-

3.07KB

CBs power is been skewed heavily downwards by his choice not be involved in tech trading. I expect he has alot of warriors though just waiting to be upgraded - I reason this as he has been pulling the score back a point at a time which may equate to him building a military unit a turn more than me ie. the happiness MP effect of his military production is boosting his score.
I approached the romans offering a military alliance against CB offering techs-they refused outright. I expect he has trade with them I signed an RoP with the Romans just to let CB know that I know somethings going on and also that he needs to commit troops to protect his trade route and also that he may need to brace himself for a potential major offensive through Roman territory . CB has been neglecting his manufacturing base( I currently lead ) clearly in order to build a strategic road network and also to boost commerce.
Samildanach is offline   Reply With Quote