View Single Post
Old 10-06-2004, 16:11   #28
Socrates
Emperor

I don't understand why you stole Republic to me ? (BTW, I didn't know you did such a thing !) Couldn't you have waited for next turn, with the Great Library ? I can't see why you wanted it that turn ? Since I said I wouldn't sell it around... Didn't you lose a lot of money just for 1 or 2 turns ?

BTW, I really think you were able to settle that fast because you went for 4 cities on the starting island. I didn't want to do that ; hadn't I gone for the Lighthouse, I would have built all the available improvement in Carthage instead, and then would have been able to produce settlers a little sooner, and maybe have a shot at those wonders.

I'm sorry for those who waited so long to eventually see no action from my side. As already said, I was struggling with the Vikings, and they had many, many units. This is Deity, and even India (who was stucked with 2 cities for the whole game, due to a state of war with Aggie) had an average army compared to mine (and I have numidian mercenaries : 2/3/1 !!!). It would have taken dozens of units to capture the Viking homeland, and they were not far from their berserkers... Even with 20 more turns for me to prepare, I think Aggie would have won with the same stack.