View Single Post
Old 24-05-2004, 23:20   #5
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Quote:
quote:I'll give also it a try when I finish my milk run for a new PB
About which we like to learn a little more of course

I didn't make it and consider 25 Vet Cavs. winning vs. 7 Infs. fortified in a size 12 city on a hill as a statistical anomaly now. After the first attack which left 4 red-lined Infs. (game over cause Egypt was the weakest Civ and this particular AI had 2 MPP's ) I tried it 3 more times with reloading in consequetive turns without beating the Infs one single time. Sad thing was that when the Cav stack started moving the AI discovered Rep Parts and upgraded en masse to Infs. Rifleboys would have been a different story.

While playing I've been thinking about this format. It's main advantage imo is twosome: it basically allows for a quicker game compared to going for the standard Victory Conditions and it is possible to implement new types of challenges. Downside is that the AI isn't aware of these types of goals and the threats that come with 'm. In this case the stack of Cavs walking in under a RoP. Maybe the editor offers a way out here but most players here dislike editing game rules (apart from changing Curragh to Canoe ).

Personal conclusion: although I can handle Demi pretty well, Deity is a mucho different level.

Col, just get the Pyramids and 2 other wonders and it is a win for you in our SP competition approaching its 2nd anniversary.