View Single Post
Old 27-01-2004, 22:02   #4
anarres
anarchist butcher

70 (1250BC) - Found Isin.

(AI) Iroquois complete Pyramids. Inca's complete Oracle.

72 (1200BC) - Sell Polytheism to Persia for 2 workers and 5 gold.

74 (1150BC) - Zulu demand Monotheism. It's laughable and I'm kinda ready for war so I refuse. Oh well - Shake declares war...

75 (1125BC) - I establish an embassy with the Babs:

111.31KB

(AI) - Ottos demand Curreny, I refuse and they back down.

77 (1075BC) - Pay the Babs Construction and 4 gold for an MA agianst the Zulu. The Babs get Feudalism as their free tech. For some reason it would take Mono, Ivory, 40gpt and 130 gold to get it from them. It must the the government giving it such an unreasonably high sale price compared to reserach cost.

(AI) - Zeus complete Temple Of Artimis.

78 (1050BC) - Now I establish an embassy with the Ottomans for 69 gold. Pay the Ottomans Currency, 3 gpt and 9 gold for an MA gainst the Zulu. The Ottomans get Feudalism.

Now Feudalism is with 2 AI I sell Monotheism to the Ottos for Feudalism.

85 (875BC) - Buy a worker from the Hittites for Code of Laws.

88 (800BC) - Incas complete Mausoleum.

91 (730BC) - Persia suddenly has 206 gold, so I sell Currency for all of it. They get Mono as their free tech. I think I will take Persia soon as they have an Oron source I need for Knights.

93 (690BC) - Babs complete Sun Tzu's. The Zulu land a lone archer which I kill.

94 (670BC) - Persia, Babs and Ottos all suddenly have Republic. They changed the behaviour of the AI to sell techs the turn they learn them instead of waiting a turn as they used to. Oh well, I guess it makes them better, which can't be bad...

Buy Republic for the Babs for Mono and 179 gold.

95 (650BC) - Declare war on Persia and move troops in to position. I certainly feel ready for some kick-ass!

I also go to anarchy and draw 6 turns. Nowhere near as bad as it could have been...

(AI) Iroquois complte Great Wall. Thank God! Persia was the only civ I knew of building it...

96 (630BC) - I take the 3 targetted Persian cities with minor losses (only losing 1 Ancient Cav IIRC). A new target, Sardis (south of pic) is now in range too and will hopefully fall next turn (I have 9 horses there).

I need cash quickly so I sell Iron and Ivory to the Babs for 174 gold and 29gpt. Persia is without Iron now and I can afford not to rush them. I upgrade 2 Enkidu to Pikes.

97 (610BC) - Now I can cancel my MA with Babylon against the Zulu.

I take Sardis, killing 3 spears and losing 2 horses. Next I pillage the Mountain and Hill tiles leading to Perseopolis and Pasargadae.

98 (590BC) - Before I make peace with the Zulu I decide to take one of their cities that has Gems:

I take the city but lose an Ancient Cav and 4 horses taking out just 2 Impi and an archer! I make straight peace with Shaka since nothing can be gained from staying at war (at least not in the near future).

Now I will heal my horses and upgrade to Knights when I get them. Soon I will trigger my GA (3 turns to Republic...)

(AI) heh. The Persians come grovelling and would give Monarchy if I gave peace!

101 (530BC) - Take Pasaradae and ge ta leader from one of my Ancient Cavs! I will rush the FP out here very soon...

102 (510BC) - Sake Sidon. I brought many more troops than I needed, it was only defended by 2 spears.

I also research Chivalry this turn.

103 (490BC) - Complete FP in Antioch, 9 tiles from my capital.

106 (430BC) - Research Literature. Engineering has been sold around a little now and I give Chivalry to the Ottomans for Engineering, 286 gold and 22gpt. There are no other deals worth making.

I upgrade another 3 Horses to Knights at 120 gold each. Science is set to 0% and I get 190 gpt. I have lots of cheap libraries being built, so when I am ready to research again I will be a powerhouse.

107 (410BC) - I go for Perseopolis and get it down to a single archer!! Fuck, it will definitely go next turn as I have another 3 Knights with the attackers, but it is still very annoying!

108 (390BC) - Take Perseopolis. I get the Great Lighthouse and the Colossus (which is already earning me tourism!).

110 (350BC) - Take Bactra.

111 (330BC) - Auto-raze the last Persian city in it's homeland. It's a little annoying as it has 2 gems there. I make peace with Persia draining them: 1 city, Monarchy, 8 gpt and 7 gold.

6.36KB

WOW!!! Check out where my new city is!!

26.7KB

112 (310BC) - The Hittites are still in the Ancient Era so I gift them Republic. Soon they can earn cash for me.

113 (290BC) - Rush an Enkidu in my new city and head west. Next turn I meet the Inca's!

114 (270BC) - The Inca's are only just out of the Ancient Era (no Middle Age techs). I give them Republic for 51 gold.

115 (250BC) - Now I meet the Babs just north of the Inca. They are also way behind.

6.45KB