View Single Post
Old 26-07-2005, 04:13   #18
grahamiam
Emperor

Sorry for the delays, here are some updated picks showing my issues in this one.

As can be seen, I up in terms of Literacy rate, gold per citizen, and family members. For the rest, I lag despite the fact I have many 2T infantry factories atm (3 right now, plus 1 3T infantry factory). However, Akots has Hoovers, so he only has to build a factory to double production. I must build a coal plant in addition to the factory to keep up. This is currently costing me in the strength calc as I am weak compared to him for the 1st time all game.

Setting up barracades all over the place, for when the Marines start coming. Not sure if he's going to bother with too many or just try to bomb me into the stone age. For now, I'm concentrating on infantry. I will switch 2 towns to destroyer construction once Combustion comes in.

Actually, I'm debating on whether or not I should switch to an optional tech after combustion. I'm thinking Espionage (spys) or Navigation (Magellan's), but I can't decide.

Either way, I'm not sure I'll be able to handle his excess production. Coal plants are costing me 160s and force me to keep a sizable workforce. Not sure if I'll be able to keep up research-wise either into the next age as the Colossus expires with flight. Hopefully, I can do a better job timing the next prebuild as I've fucked up ToE (underbuilt) and Copernicus (overbuilt) already in this one.
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote