Thread: Starcraft 2
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 23:16   #19
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbu1977 View Post
I got it yesterday (Civ 5 will have to wait, I asked for both for my birthday and it looks like my brothers decided I would play SC2 before CivV.)

I've played the first 3 missions and up to now game play is feels exactly the same as starcraft (I'm not sure is this is good or bad). Let's see if there are changes in the next missions.

I would have liked a zoom out - zoom in with scroll wheel a bit like Civ IV. I think active view is too small.

Anyways, it looks like a nicely packaged game.
It is very similar to starcraft especially in the campaign which has a few old SC1 units that you won't find in multiplayer games. (firebat, vulture, medic). Changes aren't really lifechanging over all, but for someone like me who has considered SC1 the RTS ever that's a good thing.

Zoom out would have been incredible, I totally agree with you on that. Who knows maybe we get that in a patch or something.

Now we only have to hope we get that 'play with your friends across the globe option' Blizzard promised us soon so we can play together.

If you want to look in awe at some SC2 pro's I recommend the following SC2 commentators

Husky
HDstarcraft

A great strategist is Day[9], former SC1 US champion. He has a brilliant daily but it's an hour every day so rather time consuming for those not studying/unemployed/careless about sleep deprivation

Day[9]
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote