Thread: We need to move
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 10:58   #20
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by akots View Post
Please don't put no ads or some gaming tag or I won't be able to read and post from work.
See, that's the kind of requests that's useful.

Propain, apparently hosting is dependent on how much disk space and how much traffic the site needs. Could you give this information?

About the vB licence: I like vB, I think it's worth paying for. I know there are cheaper options like phpbb and wordpress. I know squat about forum software, but I know people I could force to implement it for us. It's worth considering, but as I'm not the guy that will or could to the work I'll leave that up to Propain. Besides money I see no reason to switch forum software.

Another thing that pops up every time I think about money is this. I appreciate how we have a nice bunch of people, but it seems like CDZ has turned into our private Facebook. Let me get this straight: to me, that's worth paying for But besides that, we should still work at getting new people here, and generate some gaming related content to do so. Like (the unfortately AWOL) Markstar wrote, the ladder was something that generated traffic. Perhaps we should reinstate that, and choose some forum software that could make that work.