View Single Post
Old 26-11-2004, 22:10   #13
Kingreno

Update.

America...is dead.

Beam and me met and agreed peace for 20 turns.
We raced to the end of the Medieval age and I can say I came out rather vitorious. But it is FAR from over.

Beam and me are almost the same size, I lead a bit here, he leads a bit there. However, I seem to be able to research all Medieval techs in 4 turns at 100%, he needs 5! 100% is btw easily obtained with Korea, Byzantines and Spain funding the Greek research!

The Mother of all great turns: number 167!

I am up ToG on everyone. Korea and Beam have Military Tradition.
I research Magnetism (everyone lacks that) this turn and get to the IA! My free tech: Nationalism

I trade Magnetism and ToG to korea for MilTrad and 40gpt. They get Steam as Free tech. I trade Nat for Steam. I sell Mag and ToG to Byzantines for 10 gpt. They get Medicine as free tech. I trade Nationalism for Medicine with Byzies. AWESOME LUCK HERE. Beam, who is attacking Korea (and now faces riffles instead of Pikes) lacks all 3 IA techs and ToG. Since he also got Magnetism this turn he needs at least 4 turns for ToG or must trade for it! Muhahaha

In the same turn...

Eindhoven completes:

46.14KB

Bringing science in the cap to 117 beakers. (if Newtons doubles the science in the city then how can it be an odd number?)

Also, in this turn, a load off Knights is upgraded in the north.

Turn 168. Beam is shocked!

I invade China.

87.27KB

53.4KB

and turn 170:

36.33KB

3 turns, no flips, one casualty (cav). China was the weakest demigod civ I have ever seen. It was not their lands, must have been the war with abe that lasted a long time.

This leads us to the following situation.

America and China are dead.
Arabia is on an island with one city
Korea is being attackied by Beam, and will be an island nation as well
Spain is a bit backwards, but I hope my gift of horses will give beam some trouble with them
Byzantines pay me a shitload of cash and are strong militarywise
Sumeria (beam) is backwards a bit, but not underestimated.
Greece is great!

The minimap form turn 169: the two pink cities are now green.

7.24KB

the F1:

18.26KB

I hope the Koreans survive a bit longer as they give me around 120 gpt....

And finaly the F11:

16KB

Beam is a tiny bit bigger then me in pop and area.
I outproduce him by 19 shields, but I am using a lot of growth for workerproduction now, in "full mode" I get up to 270 Mfg, a lot more then his 219. I am clueless as to why this is...

The plan, as can be seen, I am going for electricity now, followed by SciMeth. ToE due in Eindhoven, then Hoover in Son en Breugel (on the dommelriver )

I am holding up on attacking the byzantines. They are very useful in paying my science and their lands (except the annoying town of Miami) are not going to be productive.
As for beam, I may go on defence as I will get to inf sooner then he will. The north-south railroad is being constructed as we speak, so I fear no invasion...Spacerace perhaps?