View Single Post
Old 21-02-2004, 23:03   #24
Kingreno

It has been a while since this was updated so here is another, slighly hopefull, update.

First, very important and contrary to earlier posts, we have not selected feudalism as our new goverment.. Testing showed that in this type of situation and predicted growth of my military, Monarchy is better. Here is why.
I intend, in the longer run, to attack the Iro cities in the middle-island, and razing them. Scouts report that this area is filled with workers as well. I myself have 40 homemade workers and in a few turns they will be DONE on my turf. Everything has been improved, and that is a great achievement by itself.
These aztec workers will, as soon as we are Monarchy, be joined to our cities who lack the population, thus generating size seven cities that will support 4. Either way, I will go beyond the free units limit and that means 3 gpld per unit in feudalism, added to ww. No thanx! The Aztecs are now a MONARCHY!
Off course, the obligatory NINE turns of anarchy preceded this in which we were forced to buy furs from France to keep 35% of our poppoints from starvation.
But those days are over.

115.93*KB

As soon as we went Monarchy I did some upgrading (5 swords to MI) and declared WAR on my neighbours, the Iroquois. A turn later, a great victory where a scouting jag defeated a knight ([]) gave our great great civ a GOLDEN AGE!
I immediately ordered full taxes (8.0.2) and we made 500gpt which was all converted to military. It was very welcome, quite soon Iro stacks attacked the mountainguards but nothing came even close. the 20 catapults and trebuchets pumped them all down in hp. MI and horses did the rest.

Trades. I soon bought: Engineering, Mono, Invention and Chivalry! The latter I traded to sky for Theology.
These deals costs me 187 gpt , divided over France an Korea.
All cities have build markets and cathedrals now and finaly happiness is managable. Good news too is that we'll get to trading with our beloved Mayan brothers soon, meaning 2 more luxes will arrive in Tenochtitlan.

But the war.

35.23*KB

As can be seen, the line held. However, the passage has been renamed now; the formerly 'pass of leaders' is now the "pass of where the f*** is that leader".

The middle Island! Please note that Coyotepec is new foubded next to Iroquois ruins of a size 10 city!

64.02*KB

The next turns:

15.09*KB

and:

40.21*KB

And we move on.
Off course, we are not alone in our rightfull couse, the Mayans are helping too! Uhm, they have sent a curragh! but that is for sightseeing alone.
how about you Joan?

58.04*KB

Yes yes yes!!!
Joan will keep them busy, while I take the land. I hope.

Also, Sky sends me 2 luxes and the republic for free (yeah, everyone else has it and I am never ever going to be a republic, but thanx anyway.) So the f2:

8.34*KB

For now, we march towards Salamanca!

again, any comments.questions are welcome.

EDIT: a turn later I razed Gayagaahe and got a LEADER