View Single Post
Old 05-01-2004, 17:24   #17
Gothmog

I continued thumping on Germany, and decided they were weak enough to send down a sword force and make them a vassle of the mighty american empire. They ended up sending most of their forces north and met my swords to their dismay. A few sneaky ones did escape notice by traveling along the eastern border and actually took out a newly founded city of mine defended by one spear.

Meanwhile, France and Greece were eating up China.

Somehow Sky caught up in techs, he must have extorted from China and had a min run come in (or something). The bartering must have been good too. I had been doing a max run on Republic to try and head off a min run by him on that tech, but to no avail.

I noticed that China was down to one city and that Republic, Monarchy, and Construction had all been traded around. So I bought the rest of Republic from China for peace and some gpt. Then I made peace with Germany for Construction and a couple cities. This left them with two (inc. their capital). I didn't get a leader for my FP yet but I have a lot of elites and they are moving into position for 20 turns hence. I am going to start a hand built FP just in case.

I did a couple pop rushes and revolted (Sky is in anarchy already). I pulled a nice 5 turns.

I haven't decided if I should take it to the Iroquois next, or prepare a navy and wait until Sky attacks Greece. Then attack him in the South. I currently have my galley scouting out southern routs between the continents. If I conquer the Iroquois then any wonder I build will kick off my GA (they have the pyramids and colossus already). So I'll play it by ear.
Gothmog is offline   Reply With Quote