View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 14:55   #1
Mistfit
King

Default Mistfit's return to Civ

Warning: If you are a CFC'er and lurk the HoF much of this will be a duplication.. otherwise.. read on

Well after a long hiatus from civ I have finally started to play cIV with some regularity..

I am playing Vanilla to start with (I want to get competent with this before moving on to BtS)

As some of you know I was an active member and staff member of CFC's HoF.

I know that some of you dislike CFC and specifically the HoF over there due to the idea of winning at all cost and using every available trick, exploit and the such but.. it is what I enjoy..

So why am I posting this here?

I need help.

I want to restart my cIV/HoF adventure where I left off when I was playing C3C. Domination.. To me it seems like it is still a very important aspect to almost every victory condition out there.

So my plan is to start on an easy setting to start with (Noble) as I am comfortable there and get good at dominating the game..

My first games that I will be trying will be:

Small map
Pangaea - high water (to lessen the domination limit) - solid edges (to keep from having to many islands out there)
Civ - Rome (Prets are just really fun to whack people with)
Opponents: Asoka - George - Liz - Vicky (no one with useful UU's and no one with easy culture)

What I need your help with is the start.. It seems like the first 20 turns I struggle with which order to make stuff in.. am I better going warrior-worker-settler or worker worker settler? or some other mix

BTW I can turn off barbs for the HoF..

In some of the test games I have played I figure that I will only need 2 or 3 cities to be settled by me in the beginning on these settings.. one to get bronze and one to get iron.. from there I can expand by force..

I'd love to hear some of your ideas and thoughts on how to get to domination the quickest