View Single Post
Old 29-08-2006, 05:10   #8
WackenOpenAir

Turn 58:

(18 towns, 16 workers, 2 warriors)

My empire keeps growing well, my people are like rabbits.
In production are 6 more settlers and 8 more workers.

Time for a little planning ahead.
I think i have for 18 turns to go with 4 turn researches (HBR, Math, poly, MM, finish Lit(2).
By that time i also expect my pyramids to be done.

A have a prebuild going on a coastal city for the Great Lighthouse. It will activate my golden age and it may give me the advantage in naval warfare tactics. I keep options open to swich to collosus if i want my golden age earlier. I may start the collosus in another city though. After i have enough settlers and a satisfying number of workers, i don't have much to build but libraries and wonders anyway.

I am building the FP in mauch chunk. I will have to add some workers there to speed up this build and have it take not too much longer than 20 turns.

Around that time, i also want to be finishing my first Libraries. But those won't be in my first 4 core cities as they are responsible for the pyramids, the forbidden palace and settlers/workers. I have started Libraries in my cities rank 6-10, those will take like 20 turns to build.

So for short:
-4 turn research for the comming 18 turns.
-FP, Pyramids and Libraries for a strong boost and hopefully keep research at 4 turns a little more.
-Convert to republic for another boost.
-Activate golden age by Lighthouse for start middle age research.

I am also thinking wich of the many middle age wonders i want.
-The science wonders would be good if i think the game is not gonna finish shortly after we can reach eachother.
-Leo's would be good to stop research after navigation and MT to poor both shields and commerce into KC's destruction.
-Sun Tzu is an option to save myself about 25 gpt upkeep for all the barracks i will build.
-Knights Templar not only provides me extra units (probably a a dozen or so by the time of meeting), it also prevents him from having those same units. However, it requires an optional tech.

So there is plenty to decide on in the near future.

And there is one downside to this pretty report: KC has had 4 techs from goody huts now.

[Post Edited, seems i had forgotten how the corruption formulas work, so plans regarding FP have changed a bit]
WackenOpenAir is offline   Reply With Quote