Thread: Hungry for more
View Single Post
Old 19-10-2019, 14:17   #16
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Matrix emailed us links to the main game, BTS, patch and BUG mod (is it kosher if I link them here?)

As for balance, last game we had players with barely any access to food resources, one without any luxuries, some in barren corners and others with 5 food bonuses, a gold mine, a river and hills for . Some players were completely isolated in the ocean, others surrounded, some cornered and a few had really lucrative international trade routes from connected coasts on different landmasses.

Nothing wrong with a bit of asymmetry, within reason, but it was quite extreme.

Also, some luxuries are early access (gold-silver-gems, ivory-furs) while most you wait for mid-game techs (whales, wine, sugar-silk-incense-dyes-spices). Some food bonuses get an extra boost from granary (wheat-corn-rice).

On a shuffle map it'll be wonky anyways so I guess the best we can expect is just making sure everyone has at least an early luxury and strategic resource while no one has crazy excesses.

Did that cover it? Am I rambling again?
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park

Last edited by Beorn; 19-10-2019 at 14:19.
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote