View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 03:53   #123
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

That situation you describe is actually on the border line and is pretty close but still is clean IMO. Otherwise, potential defender has a double move then because you are basically handling it to him by moving to the border and declaring. So, either you do prohibit DM or do allow them and then you can do that.

As to what actually happened in our game is that I have been walking with the warrior in the neutral lands and did not cross any borders. Then, suddenly, my Indian warrior with a star actually finds himself next to the Russian settler-warrior (no star or other promotion) pair positioned again in neutral lands. Moreover, this whole area is visible from the Russian border so that Russians are able to see everything and still have moved their warrior-settler pair! Of course, Indian warrior attacked (chances were about 68%). Unfortunately, he has lost and the settler apparently survived.

So, I would say it very well falls into the Hattrick situation with some quote
Quote:
quote:In the game's 4:th minute, InsertNameHere fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked InsertSameNameHere for diving.
That is why this whole discussion is quite strange.